Sunday, April 4, 2010

Postcard Quilt- Cross Currents

I am in a group, Serendipity Art Quilts, where every other month we create a 5 x 7 inch quilt that we exchange with someone in the group. This months theme was "Water". I finally got inspired with a technique and I have my FINISHED! Oh happy day.

I had to have done and mailed out so it is received by the 20th. I had a lot of fun on this one. I used new materials and tried to get the feeling of flowing water not something graphically accurate.

I used a base of fabric, hand colored lace, strings and yarns, organza and colored tinsel. All this was done in 2 layers so that you get the feeling of looking through the water. Some of the layers were heat distressed to open them to the surface.

Posted: Trish

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hello girls from Muncie I think the things you do are great I love this postcard . I have visited your blog often keep up the good work.